What many women want is a perfectly feminine physique, and the thigh gap is an indication of a toned, slim and slender body. The biggest enemy to both the male and female health is excess body fat, and for any woman trying to get a thigh gap, this can be an uphill task. However, this doesn’t mean that it’s impossible to cut fat and achieve your goal of having a thigh gap.
What is A Thigh Gap?
This is the space that can be seen between a woman’s thighs when she’s standing upright with her knees touching each other. For some women, thigh gap seems to come automatically while for others, exercise and weight loss diets can do the trick.
Thigh gaps also depend on bone structure. This means that there’s a small percentage of women who may never get a thigh gap due to how their bones are structured, especially the femur. The size of the thigh gap is also dependent on the amount of fat in your inner thighs.
Of course, the skinnier you are, the bigger the gap. However, in your quest for a thigh gap, you need to set realistic fitness goals and aim at living a healthy lifestyle.
How to Get a Thigh Gap Fast
If you do everything right, you can develop a thigh gap within one month. You need a diet that’s rich in lean protein, including turkey, chicken, and fish. Likewise, you need foods high in healthy fats and low in simple carbs such as seeds, nuts, vegetables, whole grains, and fresh fruits. Accompany a good thigh gap diet with the following exercises and you can start seeing results within a month.
Plie or Sumo Squats
- Stand upright with your feet wider than shoulder width.
- Join your hands together in front of your chest to help keep your body balanced.
- Squat down as low as you can get and then push yourself up.
- Do two to three sets of 10 reps per set.
- When you get the hang of it and it starts to become easy, add weights.
- Sit on the floor and make sure your back is straight.
- Place your feet together so that the soles touch.
- Reach out and hold both toes and bend your knees.
- Move your thighs up and down (as if flapping) while bringing your heels as close to your groins as possible. Keep flapping at least 10 times.
- Now, try to bend your head until you touch the joined feet.
- Hold this position for as long as you can. You should feel the stretch on your inner thighs.
This exercise targets your outer thighs and helps to tone the muscles.
- Lying on your left side, extend your legs fully.
- Lift your right leg slowly as high as possible.
- When you get to your limit, lower the leg slowly.
- Do this exercise about 20 reps and then repeat with your left leg.
- Stand upright with your legs wide apart (wider than shoulder-width).
- Step to the right with your right foot and squat as low as you can go towards the right leg while straightening your left leg.
- Moving slowly, go back to the start position and repeat on the other side.
This exercise works on your inner thighs as well as abs.
- Lie flat on your back.
- With your palms facing down, place your hands underneath your bottom.
- Lift your legs off the ground and with your toes pointing outwards, start the scissor kicks.
- To achieve maximum results, keep your toes pointing outwards.
- Do two to three sets of 30 reps each.
- Lie on your right side with your left leg bent and your right leg extended straight out.
- Slowly lift the right leg as high as you can and point your toes outwards.
- You’ll feel a burning sensation in your inner thighs. Keeping the tension, slowly lower your leg back to the original position.
- Do 20 reps and then repeat on the other side.
- Lie flat on your back and bend your knees. Roll a towel and put it between the bent knees.
- Lift your hips up until you form a straight line from your shoulder to your knees. Do this while squeezing the towel between your knees and keep your shoulders and head down.
- Lower your hips back to the start position but keep your back raised a bit until you complete the reps.
Luscious thigh gaps are an envy of many women, and men. And the biggest obstacle for most women is thigh fat. Apart from targeting inner thigh fat with the above exercises, it’s important to perform other exercises as well to target your whole body so that you can get rid of the excess fat from all parts of your body.
Get into cardio classes and incorporate a healthy diet into your workout routine. This will guarantee even faster and better results.
All images by Pixabay